Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Do You Want to be Featured??

Ok So i am all about cross promoting! I love to feature fellow Etsians on my blog, and in person! So i decided to come up with a fun little contest that involves YOU! What do you win? You ask.... Well you will get featured right here on my blog! I will do a big Blog Spotlight on you and your Shop! Including pictures and links! I will also add your shop name to my list of shops at the bottom with the others, add an etsy mini of your shop, as well as a link to your blog on the right side! How's that for a little free advertising!

So what do you have to do?? Well that's the fun part!! Ok Tell me something funny that happened to you while creating, crafting, making one of your pieces, or about one of your pieces. Could be about a customer, could be about a shipping choas that happened, could be how you were inspired to make something, could be you were in the middle of making a piece when something funny happened... i thnk you get the idea!!

You have until Midnight Sunday night, April 19th to enter and post your story here! The funniest/craziest story (and please make them a real story! no making stuff up here! girl scout honor!) will win!! woot woot! Feel free to post more than one, if you want! there is no limit!! After all, you never know what might catch my funny bone!

So get crackin! Let's hear those stories!! And, Good Luck!!

2 comments:

Ceridwen said...

I'll have to think about that some more - I'm sure I have something!

Holly said...

My fiance tells me that I talk in my sleep... about crafting. He says that I mutter things like "Mmmm beads". And it makes sense, because I always think of fun new projects as I'm drifting off to sleep. So I decided to keep a journal in the dresser by my bed so that I can jot down all my late-night ideas before they become swallowed up by sleep.

Sometimes I will refer to my little journal when I want to bring some of my ideas to life. And it cracks me up, because I usually have no recollection whatsoever of how I came up with these things. Sometimes it comes back to me, but there have been instances where it was like reading my thoughts for the first time.

Here's a recent example: Just today, I got out my polymer clay supplies. I had something in mind I wanted to make, but I also wanted to see what was waiting for me in my little journal. And according to my crazy, half-asleep handwriting, I thought it would be a really good idea to sculpt an angler fish. Lol, I have no idea why or how I came up with an angler fish. But now I feel obligated, just to see if it's even possible. Maybe if I'm really good, I could make slightly less hideous interpretation of an angler fish. I'll let you know how that works out. ;-)