Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Scrub Me Down with Some of This!

LusterCanyon's Soap that is!

A big Congratulations to Luster for being one of the 3 winners in our Summer Beach Contest! Please take a stroll with me through her shop!


♥ How did you hear about Etsy? and what made you sign up? I began making my products out of need for my overly sensitive skin. It then became a bit of an obsession and I couldn’t stop making them, and when overloaded with my own products, I gave them away to family and friends. Then I started hearing, “you should sell on Etsy”. I had no clue what this was, so when I finally decided to sell I looked into what Etsy was all about, and I thought it was pretty cool to have a place to sell without having to have a website.



♥ What feature do you like most about etsy?
I love using the Pounce feature when I am bored, I look for new and/or undiscovered shops and tweet their products. I remember waiting and wishing for that first sale, so I hope that has helped someone get a sale or a shop heart.

♥ Tell us about a favorite shop you have on here?
Pinkies Palace. I wanted handmade thank you cards for my orders and I found her through the Pounce feature and have been a loyal buyer from her since that first purchase. She makes fabulous thank you cards for me.

If money were no object - what would you buy from etsy?
I am really starting to like the Steampunk Watch Part Jewelry… and this business card holder is adorable…

What piece of yours are you most proud of?
My Sun Soap is my best creation to date. Made just for this contest, it was the first piece I tried to step out of my comfort zone and whoop it up and get creative…and I think it came out fabulous!!

What one piece of advice would you give a new Etsy seller? Patience. I know that is so cliché, but it is hard to get noticed on Etsy. There are a lot of sellers, so you need to market yourself like crazy, and then just wait for people to find you, and hope they like your product enough to become a repeat customer and hopefully tell their friends.

I hope you enjoyed glancing through Lusters shop and hearing some about her. Be Sure to check back soon for my feature on BNWcraft's shop!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love that girl's soap!