I am truly honored and still really excited about the fact that i was chosen for the Arte y Pico Award by TheCozyLoft!
To be honest, i had not ever heard of this award before, but after doing some research and looking into it, it just made me that much more flattered and honored to have received it! I want to personally thank Cozy for choosing me along with the other 4 bloggers. I could not be in better company! Cozy is such a good friend. I met her on Etsy, on a thread called CAKE (Creative Artists Kick-Ass Etsians) lol yes the name says it all, it's a great group of fun loving people! Cozy was one of the first i met on there and has been a great support and friend! Please feel free to visit her shop and blog. She does beautiful work!
In case you were wondering, "What is this Arte y Pico Award?". Well, basically it's kind of like a pay it forward award. It's something that when you are fortunate enough to be honored by it, you pay forward the award by selecting 5 other blogs you feel worthy enough to receive it. They, then, pay it forward to 5 more. It's really quite cool . It originated by Esey, and this award is to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents. It truly is quite an honor to receive such an award! Feel free to read more about it here: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/ but i warn you, it's all in Spanish! I ended up using Babblefish to translate it.
Now comes the hard part, choosing only 5 others who i feel deserve this award.
- When i first read part of this award was to pass it on to others, instantly one blog came to mind i thought deserved it above all else. I faithfully read her blog daily, and I can't think of one that inspires me more than hers. http://knittingiris.typepad.com/ KnittingIris, has the most breathtaking photographs. She has an eye, that catches things, and turns them into art; sometimes something so ordinary you wouldn't think to look twice at. But, somehow, in her photographs, they take on a whole new life. She also recently just opened shop on Etsy, selling her hand dyed yarns, which are true works of art in themself! Be sure to check out all her pictures, of all her knitted items too! Seeing each new piece she knits, inspires me to become better at my work.
- Next, i would like to give the award to http://peppermags.blogspot.com/ . Her blog is modern, it's creative, it's clean, it's sleek, it's so many things wrapped into one! What i love is that she brings forth and highlights artists and designers who i probably never would have seen before. Few words sometimes, but often the pictures speak for themself! I often enjoy her series called, Etsy Lunch Hour! Please check her out, as well as her Etsy Shop.
- I highly think http://www.homeofthegumbles.blogspot.com/ deserves this award. Granted i only discovered it not terribly too long ago, but was immediately captivated and entertained! Reading all about Howard's adventures is just so delightful, and always leaves me wondering, "What will his next adventure be?"! Truly a creative person, with a wonderful sense of humor, homeofthegumbles is a blog that can be enjoyed by young and old.
- SweetFigments http://sweetfigments.blogspot.com/ is another that i would like to give this award to. Her blog is always so cheery, fun, bright, and creative! She often spotlights other Etsy sellers she comes across! Which i love, because to me that's one of the best things about Etsy, is supporting one another. I never see competition among the sellers, and SweetFigment shows this in her helping to promote so many others! Check it out, because like myself, you just might find some new favorites!
- Lastly, but certaintly not least, i just had to, without a doubt, give this award to http://apps.jilwright.com/blog/ . Her blog is full of amazing photography, that i cant even begin to describe. What i love though the most is, she is able to capture life, at its simplest. When i try and take family pics, well lol you'd think a child shot it, but hers you can see the depth and breathe out of each picture. She captures the life, simply put. She is someone i have come to know quite well through Etsy, and can tell you, her blog does not begin to exude the sense of humor she has! For example, she felt people were being scared off with her dark photography in Darkraven, so she opened SunRaven for happier pictures, even though she still snuck this not so "happy" one in! lol Though, i love the mix of both!
Congratulations to all of you! So many out there, who's blogs are so worthy, it was very hard choosing just 5. But, i truly feel each one of these deserve this award and hope that they feel as honored by it as i did when i received it!
Now for the nitty gritty stuff! lol :D
The Arte y Pico Award is meant to be paid forward to bloggers whom you think are deserving of it. Use the rules below when you select who you wish to award the Arte y Pico.
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award. Criteria for choosing winners includes creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community in any language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.
Again, a big Congrats to Everyone!! I look forward to reading who you all choose! I hope you have as much fun with this as i have!