Saturday, February 7, 2009

Give em Some Love Part 10

I decided at least twice a week i will spotlight shops who have had no sales (or only 1 or 2 sales) to give them a little time in the sun! They are all beautiful shops who deserve a little love! So i hope you come back and check out who i feature! You never know what favorite you might just discover!


So today i would like to introduce you to Nailzimage! She creates not only stunning and such detailed limited edition or one of a kind jewelry, pendants, earrings, but also gorgeous designed and painted nails! I have never seen nails this detailed before! You really must check them out!


♥♥♥ How did you hear about Etsy and decide to start selling here?

I heard about Esty from a friend who is selling here so i decided to try my hand at it.

I actually started doing earrings to sell but there were times when i got an idea but which is unable to materialize due to the lack of suitable materials. It is rather frustrating. I would then go and buy the materials but it would turn out to be different from what I wanted.

In the end, I actually wake up one morning and decided that instead of buying and getting the wrong materials, why don't I create what I wanted. I am actually a trained nail educator so I can create a lot of designs using my acrylic, nail stuff etc....

It took me a few months to fine tune my works before I started selling them on etsy. It's totally different to doing nails. I am rather particular about details. If I am not happy with it, I will redo it so it actually took me quite a while to finish a piece.



♥♥♥ What inspires you?

My inspiration comes from all around me. Besides my training as a nail educator, i have also undergone formal training as an image consultant, make up artist, jewelry designer(AJP,GIA). As you can see, they are all beauty related which helps me in selecting designs, colors etc... My latest designs actually consists of a few underwater items. I love diving. For example, the jellyfish pendant is actually based on a memory that i had when i was diving in Manado. There were plenty of jellyfish on my left side. Another pendant is actually a spin off of what I did for my master nail educator exam in Korea last year.


♥♥♥ What is your one true Goal/Dream?

My one true goal is to win a nail championship.

♥♥♥ What one celebrity would you just love to see adorned in one of your pieces?

Well, i have no idea who i would like to see wearing my stuffs. But I think that I would like to see Trang Nguyen(a nail grandmaster) to wear it. It would be an honor. Maybe I will pass one to him next time he comes down to train us. LOL..


I am also gonna toot her horn a little bit! after reading her profile, i just had to say that Nailzimage is definitely an artist in her field! i think often time we don't think of nail artists, as a true art form, but it indeed is! This is one talented person! Look at some of her accomplishments!

2004 make up artist for Miss Chinatown
2004 make up artist for Miss World
2008 Beauty Cosmedica Magazine (May-Jun) – nail design featured
2008 Beauty Cosmedica Magazine (May-Jun) – interviewed
2008 Beauty Cosmedica Magazine (Sep-Oct) – nail design featured

Congrats Nailzimages! And, thank you for letting us peer into your shop and seeing all your lovely pieces!!

No comments: