Friday, November 9, 2012

Feature Friday! Meet Laurie Shanholtzer!


 So every week, leading to Christmas, i plan on featuring a new person and their shop! So join with me, in this first installment and say hello to a lovely lady, Laurie! She is an artist, who does beautiful works of art for anyone, of any age! 
" I love painting artwork for children and pieces that are nostalgic and romantic- to tell a story or capture a special moment in my pastels."
She sells reproduction prints,  original pastel paintings, personalized and giclee prints, jewelry, note cards and invitations all based on her original artwork.
 A little background on Laurie.  She is retired, from over 40 years as a portrait painter (how cool is that!)   Now, she says, she can take some time to paint what she has had little time to do in the past.

I asked her, why did she start selling online:  "I started my Etsy shop to have a good home for my newly created works. I am having such a blast experimenting with new things and having a venue to showcase the artworks I have wanted to create."
You can find Laurie and her creations online either through her Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/LaurieShanholtzer , or on Facebook at  http://www.facebook.com/LJShanholtzer .  She also has her own website at  http://laurieshanholtzer.weebly.com/

And, for a limited time, Laurie is offering my readers a great deal! Now through Nov. 15th you can get 20% off using code FBSALE .  This would be a great time to get some holiday gifts!! 

6 comments:

Laurie Shanholtzer said...

Thank you Melissa for your generous and kind post. I am so flattered. And thank you for your efforts to promote your fellow Etsians!!!
Laurie

Laurie Shanholtzer said...

Thank you Melissa for your generous and kind post. I am so flattered. And thank you for your efforts to promote your fellow Etsians!!!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Laurie's art is beautiful! Great post!

Anonymous said...

Laurie's art is beautiful! Great post!

Delores Price said...

I have followed Laurie's art for many years, and she always creates such beautiful works. I am a big fan!

Chantal/AgnesOfBohemia said...

What a lovely article on a wonderful woman and artist!